Where can you find the best vegetarian and vegan food in Kokomo? We’ve compiled a list of the top 11 places in Kokomo to go for vegetarian dishes to help you make lunch or dinner plans.
- Lucky Lemon Bakery offers exclusively vegan meals and treats to make even carnivores say “wow!” Lucky Lemon Bakery recently opened a storefront on Markland Avenue, and the bakery’s changing menu often includes “chicken” sandwiches, tofu po’ boys, mushroom or potato tacos, tamales, soups and more. Lucky Lemon sacrifices no flavor in the creation of these tasty meals, and even meat eaters leave satisfied and full. Plus, be sure to grab a cupcake, cookie sandwich or oat bar to round out your Lucky Lemon experience.
- Lucky Indian Cuisine and Grocery offers a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan options. Whether you’re in the mood for appetizers like samosas or spring rolls, or you’re looking to fill up on one of their curry, masala or dal entrees, you’re sure to find a delicious meal at Lucky Indian. When you’re done with your meal, check out their grocery section, where you’ll find everything you need to make vegetarian Indian dishes at home.
- Sunspot Natural Market offers a great selection of grab-and-go items, with smoothies and meals prepared by the Fresh Beets Café. These items can be found in the market’s cooler section, and those interested in these fresh, organic and raw foods can also do a little shopping for other great natural and organic products.
- Who doesn’t love sourdough? Even more importantly, who doesn’t love pizza? At Stoney’s Sourdough Pizza, you’ll find great vegan options in the form of Stromboli, pizza, “cheese” bread and desserts. Check out their vegan meat-lover’s pizza or their vegan Hawaiian BBQ pizza, sure to please everyone at your table.
- The Kokomo Downtown Farmers Market Store & Café hosts Meatless Monday every week, with a menu of vegan and vegetarian options like cilantro lime bowls filled with rice and black beans, hearty veggie burgers, pot pies and even the market’s own vegan take on a crunch wrap. Throughout the rest of the week, the market offers at least a few options to keep hungry vegetarians coming back.
- At Oscar’s Pizza, you can create custom calzones and Stromboli so everyone can get what they want without having to sacrifice. Oscar’s offers a huge selection of toppings, including vegan sausage, vegan cheese, veggies and sauces to help you create your own vegetarian favorite. Plus, enjoy Meatless Monday at Oscar’s, with $2 off meatless slices and $2 off meatless large pies.
- Many of Kokomo’s delicious Mexican restaurants can be a great choice for vegetarians. 3 Amigos Mexican Grill, El Arriero, Don Ponchos, Mi Familia and Dos Molinos all have special sections on their menus for vegetarian entrees and combos, and Hacienda offers several meatless options throughout their menu. Whether you’re in the mood for a burrito, enchilada, veggie fajitas or quesadillas, you’ll find something to love at one of Kokomo’s great Mexican restaurants.
- Petite Patisserie, a French bakery that recently opened in downtown Kokomo, offers a wide selection of options to satisfy hungry vegetarians, whether it be with one of their many meatless sandwiches or crepes, their long list of smoothies and juices or their array of pastry treats. Their salads can also be topped off with tofu for an extra protein kick, and their protein bars are a great way to start your morning.
- Jay’s Authentic Thai Cuisine serves just what the name implies – authentic Thai dishes. From vegetarian spring rolls to curries, fried rice dishes and more, most menu items can be ordered with tofu – and you can specify your level of heat!
- Sometimes vegetarians crave burgers, too, and Prodigy Burger & Bar is well prepared for those moments. While the restaurant offers a few vegetarian menu items, they notably offer the Beyond Burger, and you can customize it to your liking with a wide variety of toppings, condiments and bun choices, making this a perfect spot for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!
- Main Street Café in downtown Kokomo offers a fun variety of vegetarian options for both breakfast and lunch. Try their combination of hummus and veggies in a jalapeno wrap, or satisfy your sweet tooth with their Nutella and banana panini. Their grilled triple cheese crunch is a go-to if you’re in the mood for comfort food. Looking for some greens? Try their cranberry apple salad drizzled with a raspberry vinaigrette.
Source: Kokomo Visitors Bureau